Care for your pet with a bandage or cast
1. Your pet has had a dressing put on and much of the success of the treatment depends on good care of the dressing.
2. Check the dressing at least two or three times daily for abnormal problems such as:
- • Staining of the bandage with discharge from the wound
• Evidence of swelling anywhere along the limb
• A foul smell from the dressing
• Excessive chewing at the dressing or other signs of pain and discomfort.
Please report any such problems immediately.
3. If your pet shows any signs on general illness such as reduced/lack of appetite, listlessness or depression, please contact the surgery.
4. Should you need to take your pet outside in wet weather, cover the end of the dressing with a plastic bag held in place with a loose string, tape or elastic band. Please ensure these are not put on too tightly. The bag must be removed as soon as the pet returns to the house.
5. Bandaging materials are expensive and bandaging is a skilled and time-consuming job. A charge may be made for bandage changes.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOU ARE WORRIED AT ANY STAGE
We are here to help you
Tel: 01722 416245